Pages

For Sale

Saturday, March 14, 2009

Charming


You might remember this post where I lamented on about the fact that I was different from the other SFYTT girls in my certainty that I was the only one of the bunch in a state of nestie-lessness! As I type, I remain in a state of nestie-lessness, and because this week's sketch called for an oval, of which I own one ancient Fiskars oval template and two SU! oval punches, I made up my mind to make my card on a smaller scale that would allow me to use the larger of my two SU! oval punches. Guess what?! I think I succeeded in doing so because I really like my card! (FYI: nestie-less refers to the state of being without Nestabilities in said ownership!).

I'm also on the short list of St. Patrick's Day stamps, so I decided to try my hand at a heart-punched shamrock. Linen thread makes for a curvy stem as well as the lower horizontal strip on today's sketch. I thought the stitches were a fun extension of the stitches in the K&Co. Margo designer paper. And finally, if you look at the detail shot of the shamrock and button, you''ll see little flecks of gold in the button--how perfect for a St. Patty's Day card, huh?! Honestly, I didn't plan that, but it sure worked out nicely. Ü



Speaking of nice, let's scoot on over the Jen's blog to see what she and March guest designer, Jenn have come up with using the sketch, and then on to the rest of the girls: Amy Sheffer, Carole Burrage, Kelly Lunceford and Susan Liles.

Have a great weekend all and an early wish for a fun and festive St. Patrick's Day on Tuesday!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

BEautiful card Amy!!! I just love the colors, textures and the little hand-made shamrock. Fabulous!!

Jackie Pedro said...

Dare I say this.....it's so charming!! This is a wonderful card, Amy. Have a wonderful weekend!

Amy Sheffer said...

What a total WOW Amy. So many cool details! Love the stitched stem, the lace trim, the stitched row along the bottom, oh my gosh, I'm just now seeing the blanket stitching at the top. What an awesome interpretation of the sketch - LOVE IT!!

Jenn said...

Absolutely gorgeous card Amy! I love every detail...especially the stitching of the linen thread! It's just stunning! ;D

Julie Campbell said...

I LOVE this!!! Perfect in every way! :) Where did you get that paper? Is it stitched?!? You did a great job! :)

Anonymous said...

This is so stinkin' cuuuute!

Kelly Lunceford said...

HOly smokes...this is so cute! I totally love all of the little details! I could look at this for hours! Such great paper and embellishemnts! I really like the xxxxx at the bottom!

Lori Craig said...

This is adorable....I had know I idea that you were Nestie-free at that house. Well - proof positive that you don't need fancy-schmancy gadgets to be a RockStar. LOVE your card! The stitching and the button are great! Have a wonderful weekend! Hugs!!

Cindy Van Sluys said...

Love your card! The style, stitching and colors.....lovely!
Cindy

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...