Pages

For Sale

Thursday, March 19, 2009

A {royal} thank you!

This is my version of a {royal} thank you using what else--a crown, from Heidi Swapp's Crown set. I had a vision of this card in my head this morning and I've been wanting to use the Top Note die in the vertical position ever since seeing this card of Lori Craig's. Speaking of Lori Craig, I just popped over to get the link for the card I referenced and she's got a darling set of one panel note cards posted today, so be sure to check 'em out--they're darling! Oh, and they just gave me an idea...be back later if it comes to fruition! Click here to see them.

The designer paper is SU!'s Raspberry Tart and it is mmm...delicious, although it gave me a bit of a fit trying to match the crown to the paper. The matching colors listed in the catty are: Real Red, Cameo Coral, Rose Red & Kiwi Kiss, so I originally stamped the crown in Rose Red but it just wasn't dark enough, so I tried again in Purely Pomegranate and like the match more so than Rose Red.

The vast whiteness of the die cut layer was a little too much, so I took a little dot from PTI's Text Boxed set and added mini polka dots in Cameo Coral. I think along with the Kiwi Kiss layer, the dots just pull all the colors together nicely. A couple of buttons to solidify the color mix and it's ready to hit the post office along with a few other goodies for Michelle, my blog winner from this post last week!


Card details

Stamps: Crowns (Heidi Swapp), Say It In Style (CTMH), Text Boxed (PTI)
Ink: Purely Pomegranate, Kiwi Kiss, Cameo Coral
Paper: Raspberry Tart DSP, Cameo Coral, Whisper White, Kiwi Kiss
Accessories: Top Note Bigz die, Big Shot, buttons

3 comments:

Lori Craig said...

AAACCK!! Stinking cute, Amy! Love that big crown. Can't wait to see your next project. You're so sweet!

I'm off to find my hammer...I'm still nailing jello. ;)

Jenn said...

Super cute! :D Love the dp and those polka dots are perfect! :D

Valerie said...

You've been tagged, my dear! Anna made me do it!

http://valeriestangle.blogspot.com/2009/03/ive-been-tagged.html

p.s. CUTE CARD!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...