Pages

For Sale

Saturday, May 8, 2010

My George {SFYTT}...

Before I share my SFYTT card with you, using the above, fabulous sketch from Jen, I have to give you a little background on my youngest son, George. George is 2 1/2, loves farming with his cows, tractors, round bales and skid loader (or "skoader" as he calls it), baseball, fishing and he also loves Idgie, our 2 year old mini dachshund. Just the other day, he was pretending that Idgie was a "black sheep" as he herded her here and there. So you see, Idgie wears many hats in George's life: black sheep, favorite dog, or even...a cow! With that being said, I was inspired to use this week's sketch to create a "George and Idgie" love story sort of card using MFT's Boy & Dog-Doggone Cute!


You see, if George had his way (which he does most of the time), Idgie would be able to 'moo' just like his cows, and judging by the loving way she's looking at him on today's card says it all: she'd 'moo' if she could!


My Favorite Things is sponsoring today's SFYTT with a $25 gift certificate and on of their Die-namics jumbo scallop dies, so make sure you play along and link your creation to Jen's blog! You'll see more MFT goodness on a few more of the SFYTT samples today, so let's get on with roll call.

Jen & Iwona
Amy
Amber
Jenn
Jodi
Kelly
Leigh
Megan
Sonja
Susan

Before I go, I just want to share a couple shots of the "real" George and Idgie.

Real farming at Uncle Mike's...


Play farming with Idgie...


Have a great weekend, and a Happy Mother's Day if I don't see you tomorrow!
Amy~

10 comments:

Pam Speidel said...

Such an adorable card Amy! And your story of George and Idgie made me *smile*...just precious!

Annika said...

Awww, your story is just SO cute - as is the card to go with it! Love the cork letters and the way you propped up the middle one, adds so much interest!
My boy is so used to have a big dog that it's very hard to convince him that all the smaller dogs are NOT puppies! :D
Tfs
Hugs
Annika

Kelly Lunceford said...

Shut up! How stinkin' cute is this? Your little George just melts my heart! What a sweetie! I Love your card and all of the terrific details!

Jodi Collins said...

This is AWESOME Amy! LOOOOVE the story behind your card...and your card ROCKS! LOVE the cork "moo"! George is ADORABLE!!

Melody said...

There are just so many things I love about this card! The demin, the papers you used, the lettering, just a wonderful combination!

Kim said...

LOVE this card Amy! You are so clever!!

Amy Sheffer said...

So adorable! What a sweet, sweet story, and wicked clever card!

Alma de la Rosa said...

Soo sweet! Love the cork!

Sonja "Sony" Christoph said...

cuuute card, Amy!! Love the country homey look!!

Megan said...

I love the story behind your card. What a wonderful little imagination and how great that George has a puppy friend. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...