Pages

For Sale

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

TCP Tuesday 117: Hola!

Alma is hosting this week's TCP Tuesday challenge and is directing us to use our colored pencils and gamsol. I will admit that I do own both but had to look around a bit for my gamsol, only to find it right under my nose, atop my stamping table. I think I need to boost my memory as it seems I've been "misplacing" quite a few things lately.

Ok, on to my card. I stamped the image from Hola Tequila and then attempted to create a charcoal drawing sort of look with a black colored pencil, gamsol and a stump. Not sure if I'd win a blue ribbon at the county fair for my efforst, but it was the effort just the same, right?! After I'd stamped the sentiment, mounted the layers and stitched around the main image, I attempted to create a "shadow" effect on the sentiment by stamping it again in a darker ink, only to find that I'd gotten extra ink on my clear block which subsequently smeared onto my main image...grrrr! I decided to leave it and told myself it "totally" fit the look and feel of the card, ha!


Oh, see that cute pennant banner?! Totally not my brain child, totally copied the idea from Amy Sheffer's last week's SFYTT card, but I TOTALLY love the idea! Thanks, Amy!

Now it's time to get yourself over to Alma's blog for all the TCP Tuesday deets, and thank you for popping by today!

~Amy

3 comments:

Lori Craig said...

SHUT UP! How stinking, stinking cute is this? I LOVE it! I'm going to copy this for myself....and think about how I want to be like you when I grow up the whole time I'm making it. :)

Hugs!

Nina said...

Wow - LOVE this card! It's soo cute and awesome. TFS! <3

Susie said...

You know what I like? I like it when card makers think outside the box. Great idea and a well thought out card.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...