Pages

For Sale

Saturday, June 11, 2011

SCS Sketch Challenge 336 {DAD}


It's been 'forever' since I've played along with any of the SCS challenges, so I decided to pick up the sketch challenge from this past Wednesday and get started on a Father's Day card for Ed from the kiddos.

The card uses some of that great burlap that I found in Ed's shed, screw top brads, die cut letters using wood veneer sheets from The Cat's Pajamas, my beloved woodgrain impression plate from PTI, and retro signage images cut from a piece of patterned paper from K&Co. (Home Improvement Scrap Kit). I also distressed the edges of the woodgrain impressed layer, spattered it with brown ink and made a faux coffee ring by pressing the bottom of a coffee cup into brown ink and then 'stamping' it onto the paper.

I'm still working my way back into my old stamping schedule, so please stop back for more goodies this week!
~Amy

2 comments:

Leigh OBrien said...

YOU are KILLIN' these DAD cards, Amy. I love the burlap and the roughed up edges. Hmm...guess I better get to those Dad cards soon or it'll be too late. You've given me inspiration, girl!

Pandora said...

This card really conjures up great feelings within me about my father. I love the retro feel of it!

Pandora from Home and Decor

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...