Pages

For Sale

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Sneaky Peek Day 3: Flutter By


Welcome to Sneaky Peek Day 3 from The Cat's Pajamas. Today we're previewing Flutter By and Wheel Love. While I dearly love both sets, I'm only peeking Flutter By for you today. I had the great pleasure to Sneak Peek Wheel Love last week as part of a tutorial for SCS on paper pleating, so I thought I'd better give this bunny a little love.

My card uses some yummy new paper sent to me by my great friend, Carole...what's better than new patterned paper, right?! The paper is a 6x6 pad called Watermelon from Jillibean Soup, and it's just darling (thanks, Carole!!). My goal was to make the card look something like our American flag in a scrappy sorta way, and I am happy with the end result. I cut the red patterned layer 4x5.25 inches and then layered on strips of ivory card stock in uneven widths because I was going for that scrappy look and then stamped my sentiment in Creamy Caramel on each. All strips along with the blue layer were sewn in place and topped with die cut butterflies in vellum. What luck, mr. bunny even caught one in his matchy-matchy net!  The set of butterflies is another set of dies to be released along with all of the other goodness from The Cat's Pajamas on June 28th!

Remember to stop by Alma's blog for more Sneaky Peeks, and thanks for fluttering by!
~Amy

12 comments:

Nancy Thomas said...

Amy - you are a genius! I would never have thought to do a flag backgrond for that stamp. It totally works - outstanding.

carole (TruCarMa) said...

EEEK! So cute! So clever! I'm swooning!!! rohla's on a roll, people! :)

Julie said...

WOW, the card is gorgeous Amy! The flag background is just brilliant. You showcasaed the set and the die absolutely perfectly!

Jenny said...

Oooo- I love the unexpected and you seem to be wowing me every day Amy!! Never would have thought this butterfly bunny would have anything to do with a scrappy American flag, but it looks great!!!! and creamy caramel..i miss u!

Cindy Major said...

Wow, awesome layout! Love how you repeated the sentiment in a soft colour on your paper stripes... Love those vellum butterflies, too! What a great card!

Cindy

g said...

squEEK!! how i LOVE your flag! this is just adorable! i love those butterflies too!!

Alma de la Rosa said...

You are happy with the end result?!

IT'S GORGEOUS! Love that Mr. Bunny is holding a vellum butterfly. It cracks me up.

Leigh OBrien said...

Oh how I love this. You are such an outta the box thinker...I would never in a million years have thought to do butterflies with the flag!!

Jody Morrow said...

That is SO pretty!

Unknown said...

Just another amazing design from Ms. Amy!! LOVE the flag - brilliant!! And it really looks so fun with the bunny and butterflies! So wonderful Amy!! :)

Linda Nicholson said...

Beautiful Amy! Love the scrappy flag and how the little bunny is just happily chasing butterflies in front of it. Wonderful card for this time of year!

Linda

Lisa H. said...

FABULOUS! what a great design. and those butterflies....beautiful!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...