Each snowman was made using the following framework:
- die cut two of each size bookmark in white
- die cut one of each size bookmark in patterned paper for the hat (only die cut the top portion of the bookmark)
- trim each patterned paper cut as you'd like the hat to look (slanted on my snow momma, shorter on snow papa, and just right medium for my snow boy...ok, so much for sticking with the traditional 'snowman', but I couldn't resist)
- hand cut a tiny orange nose for each and punch two black circles using your 1/8" circle punch or something similar (I used a retired SU! punch that has 2-1/8" circles on it...I know, clear as mud)
- score each snowman about 2.5" from the scalloped end (all of them) and then trim each end of the bookmark 1" from the scored line
- overlap the flaps and adhere together to form the base
- tie the two scalloped tops together with linen thread, twine or ribbon and embellish as you like (I've used elements from the YNS Whatnots Season One dies)
I'm thinking these are pretty cute 'as is', but you could pop a Hershey Nugget inside and have yourself a sweet treat for someone you love! As for me, I'm leaving this family unit right where they're at on my rustic entry table as fun winter decoration.
No, stop over at the YNS Blog for more Fun Friday Reflection, and thanks for stopping here today!