Pages

For Sale

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

TCP Tuesday 225: Sketch Challenge

Hi there and welcome to this week's TCP Tuesday Challenge! Amy Sheffer is our hipster hostess with a fun sketch for us, so stop by her blog for complete TCP Tuesday 225 details.  Here's my version of Amy's sketch...

Heading back to school always reminds me of the time my brother and I ended up walking to school (1/2 mile...up a few hills) because we'd missed the bus and saw a huge pine tree covered, literally COVERED, with Monarch butterflies. It was so cool and like nothing I'd ever witnessed before or ever since. Anywhoo, I got thinking about that morning and came up with my card using sweet country-bumpkin type pattern papers, buttons and a handful of faux stitches along with the CutUps Lacey Butterfly die in black. I chose orange tones reminiscent of Monarch butterflies and dabs of black here and there. I chose a sentiment from Bearing Flowers and two other CutUps--Pinking & Easy Rosettes. One last thing--a fun, little black resin flower tops the Lacey Butterfly just so!

Thanks for stopping by today, and I hope my little trip down memory lane conjures up some fun school days memories for you, too!
~Amy

1 comment:

Amy Sheffer said...

Beautiful, Amy! Love your Monarch butterfly story - what a great experience!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...