Pages

For Sale

Monday, January 21, 2013

Winners Take Chances

I've used this month's MFT Guest DT Challenge sketch (MFTGUESTDT0213) for my card honoring Hank (my oldest son) as he nears the end of his senior year of high school. I woke up yesterday with lots of ideas for Hank's graduation party, specifically the decorations 'cause that's the fun part, right?! We've enjoyed watching Hank play football, wrestle and perform in a few of his high school musicals, so I have ideas floating around that center around those activities first and foremost.
I couldn't get the Die-namics ALL STAR Die & Stamp Set and Jersey Die & Stamp Set out of my brain train, so I hopped on board and went with it. Go with the flow, right? I had to finally stop digging through my Die-namics because I kept finding more and more that I could connect to my football theme. The new Paper Doll Boy  Border was perfect for the 'team' aspect and the Fresh Cut Grass Border a no-brainer, right?!
Then, of course, are the Die-namics High-Rise Numbers and football from the ALL STAR set to accentuate his jersey number '54'.

Rounding out the Die-namics train is a tab from LLD Accent It - Labels and Tabs stamped with ALL-STAR, of course! I've added heat embossed accents with a tiny star from the ALL  STAR Stamp Set and that cool chevron 'arrow' stamp from Lollipop Additions.


Here's the finished inside that utilizes a few more Die-namics: Notebook Edge, Fishtail Flags Layers STAX and LLD Accent It - Labels and Tabs stamped again with that fun little chevron. The bottom of the 'notebook page' shows stamps from the ALL STAR Stamp Set.

I'm not certain Hank will enjoy this card as much as I did making it, but you never know...I think there's quite a big heart under all that 'tough guy'! Ü
~Amy

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Great card! I'm sure if he doesn't treasure it right away he will grow to treasure it eventually.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...