Pages

For Sale

Sunday, September 8, 2013

MFT Release Rewind

Welcome to the September Release Rewind with My Favorite Things! I've taken the Place Setting and Napkin Ring and Place Card Die-namics and created a fun "Family Dinner Night" set that you can use to focus your next family dinner inward. Be sure to check out the MFT Blog for complete Release Rewind details!

Here is the main menu and table decor spelled out with the Place Setting and Napkin Ring and Place Card Die-namics. I've used backgrounds from Textile Backgrounds and Large Scale Backgrounds stamps in Limeade ink on each of the three placecards.

I printed out our kid menu in the font SNF Little Star Skinny on a Kraft layer cut with the largest rectangle from Blueprints 5 and topped it with Limeade letters from the High Rise Alphabet, Napkin and Place Card and Place Setting Die-namics in Kraft, Nightshift Blue, Blu Raspberry and Limeade card stock. I know what you're thinking...is she really going to make one of these every night for dinner?! NOoooo...just once per week, so that it's a 'special' occasion kinda dinner.

 A closer look at each of the 'e-a-t' place cards with a special surprise inside...

A simple search on Google for family dinner conversation provided an extensive list of conversation prompts found HERE. I simply copied and pasted each of the prompts into a Word document (3 columns per page) using the same SNF Little Star Skinny font. I then printed out the prompts onto copy paper and trimmed them down to fit inside each folded place card. I stapled approximately 6-8 prompts into each place card so that we can turn off the TV and turn inward during dinner time. I'm hoping we can accomplish this feat a few times each week, cause let's face it, life gets crazy and we need to keep it real - this probably won't happen on a nightly basis!

I know this isn't your typical papercrafting project, but I really want to at least 'try it out' to turn our focus inward instead of on other things...like the TV! Wish me luck!
~Amy

These are the MFT products used on Family Dinner Night:

5 comments:

Tracey said...

Just fabulous!! I love the colours you used on these goodies!!

Inge Groot said...

Such a fun and awesome Family Dinner Night set you've made Amy. Love that you've added burlap!

JoAnn said...

Wonderful project and a great idea. Love all the details, especially your place cards with the conversation starters stapled inside. Thanks for sharing.

Lisa H. said...

Amy, you're so creative! love what you did here. the colors and texture and all the cute little die cut pieces. How fun. I believe so much in the tradition and importance of Family dinner so this is GREAT!

Shirley N said...

Cool and fun creation!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...