Pages

For Sale

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

MFT New Product Launch - Negative Dot Alphabet & Numbers Die-namics

Welcome to the New Product Launch with My Favorite Things! I'm sharing the ever so trendy Negative Dot Alphabet and Negative Dot Numbers Die-namics with you tonight, so sit back and enjoy!

First up is a home decor project that showcases the most important dates in my life - the birth dates of each family member and our wedding date. I love the sweet simplicity of this piece and the enormous importance it bears in my life. Jeepers, I'm getting verklempt just typing about it! Plus, it will help my hubby keep track of all those important dates, wink!

Die-cutting each of those dates may seem a bit daunting, but it was actually pretty quick and easy. I simply cut strips of Primitive White card stock in 8.5 x 2.5 strips and ran the Negative Dots Numbers Die-namics through my Big Shot repeatedly until I had enough numbers for each of the dates. The 2.5" width was wide enough for the numbers 1-10 but eliminated the bottom row of (+, =, #, $) which I didn't need.

After all of my numbers were die-cut, I adhered them to a background layer of Steel Blue card stock using a tiny paint brush to apply liquid glue to the back of each number. A bit tedious, but totally worth it! The Red Hot heart was die-cut from Blueprints 10 and the periods within each date is the 'dot' from the Typewriter Alphabet (I cut the question mark into two pieces). Just in case you're wondering - the Steel Blue layer measures 6x8 inches and is mounted on an 8x10 inch canvas.

My second project tonight is a card made with Negative Dot Alphabet, inspired by Scrabble tiles. This one will make the perfect Valentine for a son or husband!

I replaced the 'o' with the heart/circle from Blueprints 10, which just happens to be the same size as Negative Dot Alphabet and Numbers...great planning, MFT!

Inside is the perfect sentiment from this month's Free with $60 set, Celebrate Big, in Steel Grey ink.

Thank you for stopping in tonight for a closer look at Negative Dot Alphabet and Negative Dot Numbers! Be sure to stop at the MFT Blog for complete New Product Launch details...including how you can win some great prizes!

~Amy



34 comments:

arlsmom aka Lynda said...

fabulous cards!!! love the variety!

Lizzie T a/k/a Wifelady said...

I love your home decor project! So creative!

zehra said...

Love the simplicity and impactful decor, awesome

Angel said...

Oh, I've always wanted to make one of these! This is just wonderful!

Donna Whitten said...

Awesome home decor project and cute valentine card!

Heidi said...

Love the home decor project - important dates - Great idea!

De hobbydroom said...

Wow Amy i love it! It's clean and very beautiful! Thanks for showing all your work :)

Michelle-a-bella said...

Clean and simple, LOVE IT!!! My fave style!

Susie Moore said...

Total perfection!

Sandy said...

Just what I love.........simple and sweet!

Tracey said...

Love your frame!! Awesome project! And your card is fabulous!!

Peggy said...

Beautiful project and card!

Elizabeth said...

Beautiful projects. Love the home decor idea.

Birgit said...

What a super cute project idea!! Love the frame and the card that goes along with it. I always enjoy when the designers create home decor items. It helps me think outside of my tiny card box.

Anonymous said...

What an innovative project! Super creative! Have enjoyed your work during the release.

Marcia Taylor said...

The Anonymous comment at 9:06 am is from me. I don't do computers very well and do not have any of the accounts to allow me to post easily. If I am the winner, Kim and Brianna and Robin and Rusty at the Boutique all know me as the Friday regular although I have been MIA quite a bit lately. Marcia Taylor

Alisa said...

OH WOW! That home piece is amazing.

Anonymous said...

I love your scrabble tile inspired love note! Cool way to use those negative dot letters!

K. Joy said...

What a great idea to make the special dates picture! Love the simplicity. :) Thanks for sharing!

Inge Groot said...

Love your home decor project Amy, how clever! And the Love card looks awesome!!!

Lisa H. said...

sooooo amazing. love the simplicity and the heartfelt meaning behind it. I just might make my self one of these. great work, Amy!

Pat McCleary said...

Absolutely love both of these. You are so clever.

Divine said...

Great project. I would like to make that date frame someday. We only have 3 dates so far, so I gotta wait till we have kids, lol

Charity Morris-Chamberlain said...

That is a really neat way to display special dates! Wonderful idea!

Marilyn said...

Great inspiration!

Cyndi said...

Thanks for all the inspiration from this release. I love your date project.

Loly Borda said...

My favorite is the home décor piece, very elegant! And that one would be very useful for my husband too, he never remember birthdays!

Kimmy said...

Really lovely projects! Love your CAS style and your framed project is perfection!

Judith said...

Great home decor project! You are so clever!!!

Lisa Page said...

Love the simplicity of these cards! I really have to get my hands on the Negative Alpha and Number dies!

Sherilin said...

So very stylish. Love the simplicity.

Christy Beans said...

What a cool idea for the dates wall art! And I love how well these dies lend themselves to your CAS designs and color combos. =)

dianemdb said...

love the new negative dot letters!

D- said...

These are wonderful. TFS.
Crafty hugs,
D~
DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...