Pages

For Sale

Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Confessions of a Time Crunch

Have y'all ever had grand (d)illusions of creating a thick stack of beautifully crafted thank you cards? Me, too. I'd fully intended on creating a big fat stack of this design but pared down my efforts due to (what else) lack of time! 

Our dear grand baby Nolan really is the boss now and kept us quite busy while he was visiting, so instead of watercolor/embossed/embellished thank you notes, we ended up with a thick stack of watercolor/stamped notes instead. Fortunately, just like Nolan, they turned out pretty durn cute, too!

I mean, c'mon, who could put this cutie down for too long, right?

When mass producing a design (simple or elaborate), think assembly line! After trimming my note-card bases (3.5 x 5 inches), I laid them out as pictured, dabbed distress ink (Ranger Peacock Feather) on a piece of acetate, spritzed it with water and smooshed. Repeat and let dry. 

Then simply stamp your sentiment and boom, you're done! I know you're not supposed to have favorites, but this was my favorite 'smoosh'. Ü

Have a great day!
~Amy

SUPPLIES:

5 comments:

Annie Rose said...

I love them! So simple and perfect. And that baby... squee! :)

Celeste Goff said...

Amy, the cards look amazing and little Nolan is beyond precious! As a grandma I can't say I blame you for letting him have your time and attention!

Lisa H. said...

I am a big fan of these kind of thank-yous. They have the extra handmade touch that no store bought card would have and they are pretty awesome. Love the watercolored back drop for the sentiment!

Nancy Thomas said...

Your thank you cards are perfectly CAS. But I have to admit that photo of your grandson took most of my attention. He is so cute and squeezable!

Kathy said...

Your Nolan is so sweet! Who wouldn't like getting a note like these!?!? Must try that technique. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...