Pages

For Sale

Monday, August 31, 2015

Exciting News + Double Challenge

I'm so glad you stopped by today because I have a bit of exciting news to share along with a fun card I created to participate in two challenges - Simon Says Monday Challenge: Trio of Colors & Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge 284

I've seen a few of these full layer shaker cards lately and decided it would be perfect for the Sweet Sunday Sketch. The sentiment is from Simon's Big Scripty Greetings set and my most favorite anchor stamp from SugarPea Designs Anchored

I clear embossed both before watercoloring my trio of colors - Tim Holtz Distress Inks (Picked Raspberry, Mustard Seed and Spiced Marmalade). After the background dried, I wonky stitched an acetate layer on top, filled in my shaker with Pretty Pink Posh sequins and then finished sewing across the top opening. I sure do likey and know just the person who might likey it as well.
How about some exciting news before I go? I've been a guest designer for SugarPea Designs this month and have been asked to stay on as a full time designer, which means you'll be seeing my SPD designs on a regular basis starting with Sweet Sneaks in another week or so!!

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!
~Amy

SUPPLIES:

12 comments:

De hobbydroom said...

Wooow this shaker card is AMAZING! I love your watercoloring and all the details!

Greetings, Mandy

Lisa H. said...

Beautiful card Amy! Love that background and shake her element. Congrats on your new DT gig, they are lucky to have you!

Jean said...

Fantastic card and congrats!!

Vicki Burdick said...

This is gorgeous, great idea to do the full card shaker with the Sweet Sunday sketch!! Congrats on your new DT gig and thanks for joining us this week at SSSC!!!!!

I Card Everyone said...

How did you know I'd likey this, too!!! So very happy for you, my crazy fabulous card making friend!
=]

Karolyn at Paper Therapy said...

Woohoo, chica!!! They're so lucky to have you and your amazing talent join their team!! So, so happy for you!!

Celeste Goff said...

Congratulations Amy!!!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Congrats, Amy! FANTASTIC card... LOVE how the colors turned out! And the shaker pocket is awesome... I must try that!

Michelle said...

I love this! The colors are remarkable against the embossing. Lovely! Thank you for sharing your card with us this week for the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. ~Michelle

Maura said...

Beautiful! I like your unusual color combo of pinks and yellow - very cheery. Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge!

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

This is such a charming card you've created! I love how you achieved such a sophisticated look, yet it has a great sense of whimsy and light-heartedness, too. The color palette is stunning and I love the bits of bling that you added. I especially like how you made the sentiment and anchor in white. I love the wonky stitching, too! This whole thing is a work of art and I'm so glad you shared this with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

SewPaperPaint said...

This is a truly gorgeous card! Your watercolor is perfect! Congrats on your feature at SSS!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...