Pages

For Sale

Wednesday, January 13, 2016

SugarPea Designs Sweet Peek Week - Day 3

Hi, and welcome to another day of sneaky peeking with SugarPea Designs. One of today's featured products is a SugarCuts die set that should definitely find a home in your studio. Stitched Flags will become a stamping staple in your crafty space! I love these dies so much that I just had to make them center stage rather than as an accent or layering piece.

I'd seen the idea to use fishtail banners upside down as kitty-cats on Pinterest and just had to replicate it using the SugarCuts Stitched Flags die set. I'm pretty tickled at how cute they turned out.

After die cutting the three smaller Stitched Flags, I turned them upside down and went to work figuring out how to make their killer cute faces. Digging through my SugarPea Designs stash, I came upon Tons of Fun which has two teeny-tiny dot stamps - score! The whiskers are simply slivers of cardstock I trimmed from a scrap of white cardstock using my guillotine cutter, and their noses are enamel dots. That's it - easy peasy, right?! The sentiment is from Espresso Yourself which you saw earlier this week. I love stretching my stamps and dies!

There are lots of opportunities to win prizes during Sweet Peek Week, so leave a comment here and at the other design team blogs as well as the SugarPea Designs Blog to increase your chances. Today's giveaway set is Easter Blessings which you can see in full at the SugarPea Designs Blog. Thanks for stopping over today and good luck!
~Amy

http://www.sugarpeadesigns.com/product/easter-blessings
http://www.sugarpeadesigns.com/product/sugarcuts-stitched-flags
http://www.sugarpeadesigns.com/product/espresso-yourself

42 comments:

Von Marie said...

Super cute!! I like the cats!!!

Celeste Goff said...

So cute and so clever! I would never think to use fishtail banners for cats.

Teresa Doyle said...

LOL. What an adorable card Amy. Love these dies too. The stamp set is precious!

Karen B. said...

So adorable and super creative!

Tammy Hershberger said...

OH. MY. WORD!!!!!!! This is just too cute, Amy! What a great idea! I am going to have to CASE this and send to my daughter in vet tech school!

Dot J Freel said...

Very clever and cute card! Love it!

Rebecca Ednie said...

Love this release. Great card! Adorable way to use the banners!

belaspaperinspirations.blogspot.com said...

This is my first time here and just loving it. Great use of banners :) very well done.

Michele K. Henderson said...

These little kitties are so ADORABLE! I LOVE how creative this is! Really fun card!
Take care!
Michele

Sherry Rose said...

Wow! Awesome! They even seem to have personalities of their own because they are different sizes!

I Card Everyone said...

Shut the front cat door!!! Amy - you've gone and done it! New FAVORITE right here!!! You have a very long list, by the by...
=]

D.Ann C said...

Super-duper cute! I hope to CASE this some day!!!

Arianna Barbara said...

Awesome design! I love your card!!!! Beautiful stamp and die sets!!!! So cute!!!!

Brandi R said...

Super cute card! Love that idea....very clever ♥

Carol (HB) said...

Amy, you always blow me away with your "think outside the box" ability! This is just SUPER CUTE!

Pam Sparks said...

You clever gal you Amy! These are FABULOUS! I don't even like cats! lol This card is a CAS winner for sure!

okiedee said...

OMG...could not be cuter...I have friends with kitties, so this is purrrrfect!
Love those stitched flag tags.

Dawn Darlene said...

What a interesting take!

Linsey R said...

You are SO creative!!! This is totally my fave, Amy!!! Really super cute! :D

Hetty said...

Such a sweet idea with those banner dies!
Love your card.

Sue D said...

Love this idea!

Lisa Lara said...

Oh my golly, I love love love how you used the tags Amy. Just the cutest.

Paulette S said...

I love your cats, Amy! Sure to put a smile on any cat lover's face! Brilliant! Thanks, Paulette S.
Craftqueen417 at yahoo
Http://paulettesprettypapercrafts.wordpress.com

Auntie Em said...

That is awesome that you saw the cats in those banners! I love it when an artist takes something so ordinary and turns it into something totally different.
Thanks for sharing your fun ideas! :)

Cathy P said...

I love how you used these die cuts and the color combination!! So clever!

Denise Bryant said...

Love those cute cats! Darling card, and fun use of the dies!

Christy Bray said...

Love these! This is my first time to see ur stamps! So glad!

Unknown said...

The die which has been present in the above image has been really wonderful and nice one to see. The sugar pea designs are wonderful and nice one as it involves a lots of creativity and innovative thinking. This will be very much helpful for myself because being working as a research paper writer in one of the leading online research paper writing assistance, i could analyze that the present generation people are lacking creativity and innovative thinking. So, with the help of this image, i will show this to them and try to increase their creative and innovative thinking among them which seems to be one of the best way to do i think so.

angelwhispers said...

How beautiful is this design you really do think out of the box its amazing. Chanelle xxx

MA said...

I just love the banner kitties! That is just too stinkin' cute!

Tracey McNeely said...

Ack so creative!

Kate B said...

I saw the cats on the main Sugar Pea Designs Blog & thought they were so adorable! What a great idea you had!

Unknown said...

great card. So creative!

Jodie Stoddard said...

This was so clever using the flags to make cats. Super cute.

Linda Batson said...

Great cards

Oliev said...

Love love love your card:-)

Unknown said...

HAPPINESS IS A GOOD ? MAYBE I SHOULD NOT BE THINKING OF WHAT I AM THINKING.AM I ALONE HERE?

Grenouille Greetings said...

WOW! Love this!!!

jasonbob said...

steph curry shoes
jordan shoes
off white
golden goose
nike kyrie 5
kd13
yeezy shoes
jordan 1 off white
yeezy
giannis shoes

fgthtyhsrty said...

moncler outlet
a bathing ape
supreme hoodie
golden goose sneakers
jordan shoes
supreme clothing
off white jordan 1
bape
moncler
lebron james shoes

Lonnie Miller said...

Your website should be more than a gorgeous image gallery or an online brochure. It should create leads, cultivate new clients, and help you develop your company. And you'll need the greatest web development agency on your side to assist you to reach your objectives.

Anonymous said...

I love how your mind's eye saw cats in those Banner dies. Soooooo cute!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...