Pages

For Sale

Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Feburary Pin-Sights Challenge + Watercolor Lifting

Inspired by (another) great video tutorial by Jennifer McGuire yesterday on watercolor lifting, I just had to give it a whirl. My color palette is inspired by the current Ellen Hutson February Pin-Sights Challenge, and I used one of my go-to stamp sentiment sets from Reverse Confetti - Lots To Say.

Once I'd watercolored my background using a bright pink Zig marker, I clear embossed the Lots To Say sentiment and then went back in, brushed clean water on top and dabbed away at the surrounding color to reveal the embossed sentiment. It's a super cool technique, so be sure to watch Jennifer's video. 

I just love the pools and streams of color. Don't be afraid to add more water - it's sorta like letting go of all control...beautiful things can happen!

4bde327cfffb117083ec1ff68c456047
Here's the Pin-Sights Challenge inspiration piece - yummy, right?! I was very much taken with #3 and #9.

I hope you get a chance to try out a new challenge or new technique this week. It's a great way to grow your crafty spirit!
~Amy


5 comments:

~amy~ said...

how pretty!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, I love this! I can't wait to try this technique!

Celeste Goff said...

I must have missed that video...will have to go check it out. Beautiful card Amy! Love the gorgeous color!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Awesome - i did watch that video - added this technique to my to do list!

MaggieB1983 said...

Hi Amy ~ I saw that video by Jennifer as well and plan on giving this fun technique a whirl too. Awesome results on your card as well! Thanks for sharing!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...